In a nutshell – I use my iPhone and Canva to create photos, videos and graphics which show off your brand, engage your audience and tell your business’ story (I can also give a little help with words if needed).
Whether you’re a small business, organisation or charity, I can help by taking photos that show off who you are and what you do – your stories.
These moments can be captured anywhere – in your work space or out and about – that’s a perk of using an iPhone; its small and always in my pocket so I can get photos that might be missed by a big camera or in a studio.
Photos & Video Clips
From candid portraits, to product photoshoots and behind-the-scenes snaps – using my iPhone allows me to be versatile and affordable whilst making the experience relaxed and unobtrusive.
Using Canva allows me to create custom graphics or add additional artistic flair to images that tie in nicely with your brand. I can also teach you how to use Canva yourself!
If you’re struggling with words to go around your photos perhaps I can help. I enjoy writing and can help with small writing projects, blogs and social media posts.
And then there’s my bespoke Book of Stories. Head to this blog to find out more about those.
And finally, I like to share my passion for photography and encourage others to give it a go using their own smart phones. Photowalks are a great opportunity to practice and benefit from some fresh air and fun social interaction.
The JMH Process
Getting to know each other
Getting to know people is so important in helping us decide who we’ll work with. One of the things I love about what I do, is getting to know you and your business. It’s only when I’ve got to know you and how you work, that I can create the pictures which will really reflect you and what you do.
Keeping things simple
I’m a firm believer in keeping things simple and not overcomplicating things where possible. This philosophy is the primary driver for why I use my phone and basic editing software as my creative suite. The benefits of this are:
- I don’t need a carload of expensive equipment and space to set it all up
- I can work in the tiniest of places (a small shed at the bottom of someones garden is my smallest to date)
- Working with you in your space, keeps things relaxed and ‘normal’
- Being in a strange studio doesn’t work for everyone, this is an option that might
- My camera is so tiny sometimes people actually forget I am taking photos
- It keeps costs down
- When it comes to editing, if you need a quick turnaround I can do that while with you if needs be
- And, if that’s not enough, it gives me space to bring along my very cute assistant Georgie Dog (if you need a dog model, she might be available!)