Thank you for taking an interest in JMH PhotoStories. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
If you decide to use JMH PhotoStories’ services I will ask you to confirm you have as part of the Booking Form.
I am happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have while reading through these T&Cs.
- Booking Form – the JMH PhotoStories booking form signed by you detailing the Photo Services you have requested and that you have read these T&C’s.
- Photo – Any photograph, transparency, negative, design, artwork, painting, engraving, digital image file or any other item which may be offered for the purpose of reproduction taken by JMH PhotoStories.
- Photographer – Julia Harris trading as JMH PhotoStories
- Photo Services – the event or series of events during which JMH PhotoStories provide photographic services to you.
- Reproduction – any form of publication or copying of the whole or part of any Photo whether altered or not and whether by printing, photography, slide projection (whether to an audience or not), xerography, electronic or mechanical reproduction or storage, or for any use as artist’s reference or illustration, or in a layout or presentation.
- Booking Fee – a non-refundable fee taken for Photo Services in relation to a booking.
- Ownership and Copyright
The copyright and all other rights in the Photos shall be retained by the Photographer. The Photographer asserts the right to be credited as the author of the Photos in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Any unauthorised reproduction of any Photos will constitute a breach of copyright.
The contracted price for the Photo Services will be as stated on the Booking Form. All prices are in sterling (£).
Although every effort is made to ensure that the prices shown on the website are up to date, JMH PhotoStories reserves the right to adjust the published prices at any time without prior notice.
- Booking Fee and Balance
A Booking Fee of 50% will be taken on the day a booking for Photo Services is confirmed. This Booking Fee is non-refundable. The balance is payable on delivery of the finished photos.
Payment can be made by the following methods:
- Online to the JMH PhotoStories bank account, details will be given on the invoice
- Change of Date
If you need to change the date of the Photo Services then any new date will be subject to the Photographer’s availability but all efforts will be made to work with you on what you need.
7.1 Our entire liability for any breach of this Agreement or any representation, act or omission (including negligence) shall be limited to our fee in relation to the Photo Services and we shall not be responsible for any special, indirect or consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
7.2 The limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that Photos are lost through equipment malfunction, are lost in the mail or otherwise lost or damaged where the Photographer is not liable.
7.3 Nothing in these Conditions limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us.
If a cancellation occurs within a week of the date of the Photo Service payment will be expected in full, if costs have been incurred by the Photographer in preparation of the Photo Services.
- Advertising and Promotion
I reserve the right to use all images for advertising purposes (including website and social media based advertising, leaflets, brochures, postcards, galleries and competitions).
- These Terms and Conditions and the Booking Form constitute the whole Agreement between the parties and supersede all previous agreements between the parties relating to its subject matter.
- No variation or agreed termination of this Agreement or of any document referred to in it shall be effective unless it is in writing.
- If any provision of this Agreement (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
- A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.